Riley is now over the 2 month mark according to the Dr. so we went and had his shots today. I was a little nervous but had bought some baby Tyleno (cherry flavored at that!). I had no idea when to give it to him so it would kick in around the right time so I just took a guess. He was really cute when I gave it to him. He sucked on the dispenser like it was a bottle and then he ate it all and gave me a huge smile. I bet it was nice to have something else other than formula for once! Well then we ventured to the Dr. I made Jeff go with me again because I knew Riley would cry. So we get there and wait a little bit and then they take us back. They had me lay him down on this table and then these two nurses just started giving him these shots. They counted 1-2-3 and stuck him. He started crying so hard he held his breath the entire time they gave him the shots and then let out a big wail when it was all over. Tears were streaming down his face. It was so sad :( But he's a trooper! They finished after 5 shots and I picked him up and he just cuddled it was great. Well then we went out into the waiting room so the lady could give us back our immunization card and there was this old man and his wife in the waiting room as well. He look at me and said, "oh cute how old is he?" I responded and said, "10 weeks". Then the old man looks at me and says, "well how old are you?" His wife hit him and said, "that's none of your business!" I smiled and lied a little and said 23 (my birthday is in like 3 weeks so I didn't figure it was too big of a lie) He was like ok and looked away. Well when they got called back I look at Jeff and said, "I should have said 16" :)
All in all today wasn't too bad. Riley is still sleeping...poor little guy!
2 comments:
Oh, poor baby. I always hate that. At least they had two nurses doing the shots though. Better to get it done quicker if you ask me!
You should have said 16 that would have been awsome. Makayla had to have some shots two days ago for her 9 month check up. they get them everytime they go and it really sucks. I will feel really bad when she starts remembering the drs office and hating it. So friend how is your running going?
Post a Comment