$350! So I talked to Jeff and he's all go get it! So I called them up and they still had it and in the metallic color that I wanted! I told them I was on my way and they gave me the address. Well I knew it was a business I was going to but I was NOT prepared for the adventure. I am not too familiar with SL since I am from out of state. So I get directions and head off. I get off the 13th S. exit and head to State Street. I'm driving along looking for the # (which I won't provide for safety haha) and miss it. I didn't see a business that looked familiar or anything so I go up the block and back down state street looking solely for the # this time. So I am driving really slow so I can look at the #'s on the buildings. Well, I find the one I am looking for and it is a PAWN SHOP! I am like you've got to be kidding me! I call Jeff and ask him if I should even go in! He's like ya, why not? Well I'm scared because the building looks sketchy and who knows if this thing is stolen! He tells me it's not my fault if it is stolen and it most likely isn't. So I venture into this creepy looking pawn shop and buy myself a kitchen aid mixer. I promise it is brand new (never been opened) and in the box! But still...I have NEVER been to a pawn shop and definitely never bought something from one...but hey I saved myself $160, right?
Saturday, May 24, 2008
The BEST Blog yet!
Ever since I had Riley I have had more of an opportunity to cook dinner and treats and to try new recipes. I tend to get most of my recipes from one of my favorite shows "Good Things Utah"! Anyway, the other day they had this recipe for Cinnamon-Top Cream Cheese Banana Bread...delicious! I made it yesterday with a hand mixer...it flew all over my kitchen and my hand mixer had to work to the max to mix all the flour and other ingredients together. So I decided I want a kitchen aid mixer. I looked up prices and they are super expensive. Jeff and I talked about it and I explained that you can make more than just treats using them and that it would be a good birthday present since my birthday is in 3 weeks! Well, this morning I found a BRAND NEW one on KSL for $190.00 in Salt Lake. This particular one retails for
$350! So I talked to Jeff and he's all go get it! So I called them up and they still had it and in the metallic color that I wanted! I told them I was on my way and they gave me the address. Well I knew it was a business I was going to but I was NOT prepared for the adventure. I am not too familiar with SL since I am from out of state. So I get directions and head off. I get off the 13th S. exit and head to State Street. I'm driving along looking for the # (which I won't provide for safety haha) and miss it. I didn't see a business that looked familiar or anything so I go up the block and back down state street looking solely for the # this time. So I am driving really slow so I can look at the #'s on the buildings. Well, I find the one I am looking for and it is a PAWN SHOP! I am like you've got to be kidding me! I call Jeff and ask him if I should even go in! He's like ya, why not? Well I'm scared because the building looks sketchy and who knows if this thing is stolen! He tells me it's not my fault if it is stolen and it most likely isn't. So I venture into this creepy looking pawn shop and buy myself a kitchen aid mixer. I promise it is brand new (never been opened) and in the box! But still...I have NEVER been to a pawn shop and definitely never bought something from one...but hey I saved myself $160, right?
$350! So I talked to Jeff and he's all go get it! So I called them up and they still had it and in the metallic color that I wanted! I told them I was on my way and they gave me the address. Well I knew it was a business I was going to but I was NOT prepared for the adventure. I am not too familiar with SL since I am from out of state. So I get directions and head off. I get off the 13th S. exit and head to State Street. I'm driving along looking for the # (which I won't provide for safety haha) and miss it. I didn't see a business that looked familiar or anything so I go up the block and back down state street looking solely for the # this time. So I am driving really slow so I can look at the #'s on the buildings. Well, I find the one I am looking for and it is a PAWN SHOP! I am like you've got to be kidding me! I call Jeff and ask him if I should even go in! He's like ya, why not? Well I'm scared because the building looks sketchy and who knows if this thing is stolen! He tells me it's not my fault if it is stolen and it most likely isn't. So I venture into this creepy looking pawn shop and buy myself a kitchen aid mixer. I promise it is brand new (never been opened) and in the box! But still...I have NEVER been to a pawn shop and definitely never bought something from one...but hey I saved myself $160, right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
That is a funny story. I'm glad you got it, sounds like a good deal. I am a little jealous, I want one. That banana bread sounds really tasty, I'll have to try that one.
I am way jealous! I would love one, too. But $300-$400, yikes! I can never bring myself to do it. That is funny that it was at a pawn shop. I would have been afraid to go in, too. I know the area.... ;)
I would have been terrified too I probably wouldn't have gone in! BUT if I hadn't I'd have missed out on a GREAT DEAL cause that is awesome! I've heard once you get one you can't live without it... so I'll just mix away with my hand mixer and not know what I'm missing. Maybe someday!
Jealous. My hand mixer is super powered, but I always get dry ingredients everywhere b/c it's so fast.
You've inspired me to search for a kitchenaid though.
carrie..you are going to love your kitchen aid. i got one for christmas a year or two ago and i was so freakin' excited when i opened it! i always told my mom she could just give me her old one whenever she got a new one, but she bought me my own. and i love it!
Post a Comment