So lots of my friends ran the Ogden Half Marathon on Saturday and I'll be honest, it made me jealous. Not because I like to run or anything crazy like that, but because I think it's an a-m-a-z-i-n-g accomplishment. So, all of you that ran it, you have no inspired me to run it next year. I was thinking of running the Park City Half Marathon in September but then I found out it is one of the hardest ones and I really don't want to die my first time haha. And since I haven't been to work out in forever because I was pregnant I am going to start small. I am going to train for a 5k, then a 10k, and I will surely be ready for the half by next May. So I am telling you all of this so I can't back down. The more people that know the harder it will be for me to whimp out. So I am starting on Monday. I am going to purchase a jogging stroller this weekend so I can take Riley with me when the weather is nice, and when I can't run outside we have a treadmill so I'll just use that. Anyway, I need all the support I can get...as we all know I am far from being in shape!!
So here is my commitment: I WILL run a half marathon!!!
5 comments:
YEAH you can TOTALLY do it! that's one thing I learned running races and stuff is you see that really anyone can do it, and the people at the back of the pack (like me) get as much of an accomplishment as the people at the front (at least that's what I think, I've never been in the front, ha ha.)
You go Carrie! I know you can do it. Just last night I decided to enter a sprint triathlon this summer. My friends are doing one on June 14th, which is a little soon, but I'm gonna go for it. Keep us updated on the progress.
Awesome! You are better than me! I would never dream of it. But I think the people who do it are awesome. I take full advantage of "exercise induced asthma" which totally sounds like a fake condition, I know. But that is what it is and the one time I ran my whole mile in junior high I totally blacked out the minute I finished the last lap. Hopefully the weather will make up it's mind and just stay nice for a little while, huh?
That is so great!! I started with a 5k and then worked my way up. go to http://www.halhigdon.com/halfmarathon/novice.htm
for the training guide I used. It makes it really simple!
woo woo. i'm all about it! that's awesome! I'm totally serious about running together, just let me know! I ran my first half marathon when Jaylee was 10 months old. It was uber slow, but I did it! you can do it!!!
Post a Comment