Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Apparently 8 Weeks DOES NOT Equal 2 Months

I feel like I have been super negative lately so I am going to post this last negative post and then be positive for awhile! On Monday I called Riley's Dr. office to make his 2 month appointment for his immunizations. I've been a little hesitant the past few weeks about it because of all the hype about immunizations possibly being linked to autism. That being said we went anyway. So I pick Jeff up at the FrontRunner station because I don't want to go by myself due to the trauma at the last Dr. appointment. So we get to the Dr. and sit around for like 45 minutes before they take us back. Thankfully Riley was sleeping while we waited. So anyway we get him undressed so they can weigh him and he decides to play...yay! Happy baby = a lot smoother Dr.'s apt. So before I get to the reasoning behind the title of this blog
Head Circumference: 29 in
Height: 21 1/2 in
Weight: 10.2 oz
So he didn't say anything about his head being big or small...he is in the 25th % tile for his weight and then he looks at his height and is like well he sure won't be the center of the basketball team...he didn't give us a % tile for it but looking at the screen Riley was at the VERY bottom for height...haha we are going to have a midget child!
So then we talk to the dr. about the shots and he gives us a bunch of info and we feel a lot better and decide to do them all today. Well the nurse walks in to give them and she is like he isn't two months old so we can't give him his shots. I look at her and say he is 8 weeks tomorrow and she says well he was born on the 20th so you have to wait til the 21st to have his shots which is 7 days away (which by the way will make him 9 weeks) so we can't give them to him. GRRRR...what a waste and now we have to go back and Jeff has to leave work again to come with me because I am a big baby and won't go alone.
Lesson learned for all new parents...don't count weeks go by their birthday...could have fooled me!

1 comment:

Hollie said...

Good to know. I would have though the same as you! I hate that Doctors make you wait forever too! Why do they do that. I think they should adapt the restaraunt mentality and give us all little red flashy beepers when it's our turn. Then when we get beeped we walk right it. There I think I'll sugest that next time I see my Dr. :)