Wednesday, September 3, 2008
When Life Throws You A Curveball...
So I know a lot of you have been following my Dad's super random illness. He got sick back in May after visiting, but it wasn't your normal sickness. Anyway, it started in his back and it was really bad, he could hardly sleep the pain was so bad. Then his hands started to swell twice the size they were supposed to be. All of this was random and he hadn't been in an accident or anything. In fact, he had a physical in March and it was the healthiest he had ever been. Well, he had been going to a rheumatologist and they weren't exactly sure what was going on. So anyway, he went to the Dr. like three weeks ago and his lymph nodes were swollen so they sent him to a hematologist. Well long story short, they did a bunch of tests and he had a biopsy. He went to the Dr. today and got the results. He has Stage 3 Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma. For a non-medical explanation he has cancer. He starts chemo on Tuesday and it is every 3 weeks for 6-8 treatments. He will loose all of his hair. So that is all we really know right now. Your prayers will do our family a great deal of help. I thank all of you guys for your love and support.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
Sorry to here that..... Hope all is well
Oh Carrie that's rough, I'm sorry!!!! Hope his chemo goes okay. Hang in there.
Carrie! I am so sorry about your dad! I will difenately keep him in my prayes! Let me know if you need anything.
I'm so sorry to hear about your dad! At least you all know what it is now and can deal with it. Sometimes the not knowing is the hardest part. I'm sure you wish you could be there, but I know he feels your love and support from here.
I AM SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR DAD. IF YOU NEED ANYTHING AT ALL PLEASE LET ME. YOU KNOW WILL BE IN MY PRAYERS AND MY GRANDPARENTS PRAYERS AS WELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So sorry, Carrie. How are your parents taking it? Let me know if you need anything. Big hugs!
hey were thinking about ya and will keep your dad and you in our prayers. we need to come over sometime its been forever since we've seen ya. call anytime k!
Carrie, I'll keep your family in my prayers
I'm so sorry Carrie. We will be thinking of you and if you need anything let us know.
So sorry. Life definately has its way of throwing curveballs. Hopefully everything will turn out ok. We'll keep your family in our prayers.
Carrie I am so sorry. I can't believe it. Please let your mom know that your family is in our prayers. If you need anything please let me know. Keep us updated on how he is doing. Again I am so sorry to hear it.
The word cancer has got to be one of the worst words to hear, especially when it's dealing with someone so close. I'm so sorry. Are prayers are with you!
Hi, just thinking about you and your fam. Hope things are going well. Miss hearing you laugh and seeing you smile at church.
Post a Comment