Head Circumference: 43 in (normal)
Height: 26 in (25th percentile)
Weight: 15 lbs 2 oz (NOT ON THE CHARTS)
Height: 26 in (25th percentile)
Weight: 15 lbs 2 oz (NOT ON THE CHARTS)
So that last detail is where the problem lies...the Dr. is a little worried because Riley isn't really gaining a lot of weight. I PROMISE we feed him...tons in fact, but the little bugger isn't gaining weight. So we have to go back to the Dr. at 8 months and then again for his regular appointment at 9 months. He didn't loose weight, but on the chart he started dropping, so they want to check him more often to make sure he is ok...but let me assure all of you...we aren't STARVING our child!!!
5 comments:
He is such a cutie :) I said it on your facebook but I will say it again. Addie had the same issue but once she got on solids she gained like a champ :) Are you going to start solids soon?
Have they check him for acid reflux??? i know will keep babies from gaining weight.
geeze, I wish I had that problem. wouldn't it be AWESOME if I could eat tons and not gain any weight? ha ha ha! maybe you should start feeding him milkshakes instead of formula!
He doesn't have a reflux problem...he hardly ever spits up! (Thank goodness) As for the solids, we tried starting him on them a few weeks ago but he gags...as of now he is eating oatmeal 3 times a day and also having formula...the Dr. said that we just need to keep trying with solids...but really he doesn't like anything! We've tried peas, sweet potatoes, butternut squash, bananas, and I think that's it...oh well, I'm not too worried...yet at least!
I bet one morning you'll go to get him and discover he's had a huge growth spurt! I know you're a wonderful mommy, I've seen it firsth hand! I miss talkin to you, Just because you're not buying a house we still need to stay in touch :)
Post a Comment