Thursday, August 21, 2008

A Walk Down Memory Lane

So earlier this morning I was on the phone with my friend Courtney. Whenever Courtney and I talk we always end up on the most random of topics and I'm not sure how we get there. Well today we somehow started talking about things from our childhood and it made me ponder about the things I used to do and LOVE...so here is a walk down memory lane:

I LOVED the board games: Pretty Pretty Princess and Girl Talk. In fact, I loved them so much that in 2nd grade I locked Megan Coleman out of my bedroom because she wouldn't play Girl Talk with me! From what I can remember PPP was this game where your goal was to get all the dress up stuff and you would be the princess if you did. In GT it was like a game of truth and dare. If you didn't do the dare or you weren't honest in the truth you had to put on a red "pimple" sticker (please see the model to the right!!!!)


In elementary school it was also way cool to have a skip it and an American Girl Doll...so I did just that! I had Samantha and I am pretty sure my mom still has it at our house or she has given it to my niece to play with. I'm not sure what ever happened to my skip it...but I'd be interested to see how many rotations were on it if we could find it somewhere!


In Jr. High my now two best friends Jen O. and Stacey (we didn't really like each other until High School but in JH we pretended to be friends) used to LOVE the movie Now and Then. Oh my heck is this movie funny! This one girl fills balloons with pudding because pudding makes better fake boobs! If you haven't seen this movie, I HIGHLY recommend it. I saw it the other day and it was still funny then :)


In High School, freshman year, my friend Kim D. and I used to LOVE the band Blessed Union of Souls. In fact, to this day they aren't that bad and I wouldn't mind getting their old school album again. I remember putting on way too much make-up in her bedroom and jamming out to them.
Even better than that was Liz and my obsession with LFO. I am pretty sure we knew the words to EVERY song and would scream them at the top of our lungs while driving along the beaches of Cape Cod. You have to remember who these guys are! Their hit song was "Summer Girls". Let me provide you with a few memorable lyrics:

New Kids On The block,had a bunch of hits
Chinese food makes me sick.
And I think it's fly when girls stop by for the summer,for the summer
I like girls that wear Abercrombie and Fitch,
I'd take her if I had one wish,
But she's been gone since that summer..
Since that summer


So folks, those are my confessions and obsessions from when I was a kid. I am sure there are many more that will be thought of after this post is complete...and if they are worth it I'll add them on! If you feel like it, leave a comment with your guilty pleasures from your childhood!

4 comments:

Me said...

Ha ha I love it!!! So I had two versions of the Girl Talk game too, one of them was that picture on the left, I LOVED that game!!! Pimple stickers, lol!!! Oh and "Now and Then" takes me back too, my friends and I were like 14 when we'd watch it over and over and we each were one of the girls and we'd try to do mean stuff to the guys in our ward cause of that movie... i haven't seen it in years, we should watch it sometime!!

AND do you need coupons for the Walgreen diapers??? I really am going to get some this time!! And I'll try for March 20 :)

1teacher said...

Help I need to know how to do a slideshow.!!! Jenn Hall

Anonymous said...

Haha Care-Bear, good blog. I also obsessed on Blessed Union of Souls with Kim while putting on too much makeup. And I agree they still are not that bad. I still like to throw in my LFO CD and reminisce, too bad the old Saab is gone!! haha

The McNeely's said...

PPP ... we have that in our game closet right now. I have a scrapbook page of the time Shawn won. HAHA!