Sunday, November 2, 2008

A Little Piece of My Mind...

This might offend some, so read at your own risk, I'm here to share a little bit of frustration. WHY do people go on missions if they are just going to go home an become inactive? WHY did you preach to me about how important it is to get married in the temple if you are going to turn around and NOT get married in the temple but somewhere else with someone who dresses totally immodestly, NOT be active, NOT wear your garmets, etc etc. I'm not going to say your mission was a waste of time because without missionaries I wouldn't be where I am today, but I can tell you I am frustrated with EVERYONE becoming inactive, EVERYONE getting temple divorces, EVERYONE not even getting married in the temple...DON'T go preach if you don't believe in it because I am sick of turning around and having the people who made such a big difference in my life not even being REMOTELY active. So excuse me if I BELIEVE in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and am a little bit hurt.

5 comments:

Hollie said...

I completely agree with you!

Marc Gingell said...

How about the ones that come home and decide they like guys? Well, it's normal for the sister missionaries to like guys, but that's not who I am talking about :) I totally agree with you. I don't know how you can be out there lying to people for 2 years. Obviously you aren't totally convinced to come home and live so differently, ya know?

z&jarnold said...

i'm sorry i understand your frustration. I wish that everyone could be awsome all of the time. Part of the plan is for us to have our agency and people just plain make mistakes. It doesn't make what they did previously a lie, it just means they need a good friend more than ever to love them unconditionally and always hope for the best. I have friends and family who struggle with the same things that you mentioned and i know it breaks your heart, It makes me feel so helpless but i believe there will come a time when they will feel a hole in their life and hopefully they will have a good friend like you to confide in.

Me said...

I'm sorry Carrie about whatever's going on, it sounds rough. A few weeks ago I found out someone close to me decided to leave the church and it really shook me up, not MY testimony but wondering some of the same things you're wondering. I guess I'm coming to terms with it but it makes you mad huh.

Liv said...

I guess it just goes to show that the Lord wanted you to receive the Gospel message, even if the person teaching you had a waivering testimony.

Maybe that's why you have this Gospel now; so you can give back to the person who's faltering. They gave you a gift, and maybe now you can try to give it back.

I'm sorry you feel so hurt and frustrated. I understand it's hard to deal with situations like this. I hope you feel better after venting!!